- Pulmonary hypertension
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN)
- Non accidental injury
- Morbidity of intensive care
- Psychological impact of an intensive care unit
- Central venous line infections
- Paediatric intensive care training
- BSc Physiology at UCL London University
- MBBS UCL London University
- MRCP London
- Chair of the Paediatric Intensive Care Subspecialty Committee for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- RCPCH representative on the Intercollegiate Board for Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- RCPCH Clinical Lead for the Curriculum
- Principle investigator in trial looking at the use of Sildenafil in Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN)
- Principle investigator in a neurodevelopmental follow up study of patients treated with Sildenafil for PPHN
- Principle investigator in a multicentre worldwide placebo controlled trial looking at the use of Bosentan as adjunctive therapy to inhaled nitric oxide in babies with PPHN
- Principle investigator in study on ‘Children’s Memories of Intensive Care’
- Principle investigator in study on 'Neurocognitive function in Children following intensive care admission with septsis and meningoencephalitis'
News & Publications
Als LC, Tennant A, Nadel S, Cooper M, Pierce CM, Garralda ME. Persistence of Neuropsychological Deficits Following Pediatric Critical Illness. Crit Care Med. 2015 May 8.
Als LC, Picouto MD, Sau-Ming Hau S, Nadel S, Cooper M, Pierce CM, Kramer T, Garralda ME Mental and physical wellbeing following admission to pediatric intensive care. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2015; Apr 21;1-5.
Adams GGW, Agrawal S, Sekhri R , Peters MJ, Pierce CM Appearance and Location of Retinal Hemorrhages in Critically Ill Children. BJO 2013; 97:1138-1142.
Colville GA, Pierce CM. Children’s self-reported quality of life after intensive care treatment. Ped CCM 2013 Feb 14(2) e85. Erratum in: Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013 May;14(4):446.
Als LC, Nadel S, Cooper M, Pierce CM, Sahakian BJ, Garralda ME Neuropsychological function five months following admission to paediatric intensive care with meningo-encephalitis, sepsis, and other disorders: A prospective study of school-aged children. CCM 2013; Apr(4): 1094-103.
Colville G, Kerry S, Pierce CM Patterns of post-traumatic stress symptoms in families after paediatric intensive care. ICM 2012: Sep;38(9):1523-31.
Agrawal S,Adams GGW, Peters MJ, Pierce CM Prevalence of Retinal Hemorrhages in Critically Ill Children. Pediatrics 2012:129:6; 2011-2772.
Steinhorn RH, Kinsella JP, Butros G, Dilleen M, Oakes M, Pierce CM, Wessel L. Intravenous Sildenafil in the Treatment of Neonates with Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn J of Paediatrics 2009 Dec;155: 841-847.
Refer your child to Dr Christine Pierce
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.