The Immunology department offers a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment service for children with suspected or confirmed primary immunodeficiency. We are one of two specialist centres in the UK that treat children with severe PIDs (Primary Immunodeficiencies), and are one of the largest centres worldwide.
Children affected by a variety of other disorders are also managed by the Immunology team, often in conjunction with other specialists. There is close collaboration with the BMT Unit.
We provide services including inpatient, outpatient and day-case care. Day-case work includes assessments and treatments for children with severe immune deficiencies, multidisciplinary assessments and treatment of children with other forms of immunodeficiency, and training for home immunoglobulin therapy. Outpatient services are offered for assessment of children with possible immunodeficiency.
Conditions we treat
- Severe combined immunodeficiency
- X-linked agammaglobulinemia
- Common variable immunodeficiency
- Hyper-IgM syndromes
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
- X-linked lymphoproliferative syndrome
- Transient hypogammaglobulinemia of infancy
- Chronic granulomatous disease
- Chromosome 22q11 microdeletion syndrome
- Complete DiGeorge Syndrome
- Ataxia telangiectasia
- C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency