Prof Waseem Qasim
Professor Waseem Qasim is a Consultant in Immunology who works closely with the Bone Marrow Transplant department.
His area of expertise is children with inherited immune disorders and cell therapies used in transplant. This includes molecular diagnostics, in particular immunology and genetic testing for immunodeficiency.
He works as part of multi-disciplinary team for the preparation and management of children before and after transplantation, aiming to provide the most appropriate and best quality treatments for children.
- B Med Sci (Hons) in Immunology from Newcastle University
- MBBS from Newcastle University
- MRCP (UK)
- MRCPCH (UK)
- PhD Doctor of Philosophy – gene therapy from University College London
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians