Dr Catherine Owens is a Consultant Radiologist and Reader at the University College London (UCL). She has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) since 1996 and appointed as a Reader UCL in 2008.
Dr Owens has lectured at over 150 national and international congresses and supervised higher degrees and diplomas, acting as liaison/host for the European School of Radiology fellowships and has held grants in excess of £5 million.
- Cardiorespiratory radiology
- Radiology in cystic fibrosis
- Computed tomography and radiology in immunocompromised patients
- Bachelor of Science
- MBBS from St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School (University of London)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Chief Fellow in Paediatric Radiology at Sick Kids in Toronto in 1993/4
- Consultant Paediatric Radiologist at St Mary’s Hospital until 1998
- European Society of Radiology lead for paediatric CT radiation protection (2010-2014)
- President of the International Paediatric Radiology (Congress 2011)
- Treasurer European Society of Radiology (2003-2008)
- General Secretary of European Society of Radiology (2008 – 2013)
- Honorary member of the American Society for Paediatric Radiology
- Co-founder of the World Federation of Paediatric Imaging
- Cardiothoracic CT
- Radiation protection in CT
- Radiology in the immunocompromised patients and in Cystic Fibrosis
Thayyil, S., Sebire, N.J., Chitty, L.S., Wade, A., Chong, W., Olsen, O., Gunny, R.S., Offiah, A.C., Owens, C.M., Saunders, D.E., Scott, R.J., Jones, R., Norman, W., Addison, S., Bainbridge, A., Cady, E.B., Vita, E.D., Robertson, N.J., Taylor, A.M., for the MARIAS collaborative group. 2013. Post-mortem MRI versus conventional autopsy in fetuses and children: a prospective validation study. Lancet.
Young, C., Owens, C.M., 2013. Pediatric computed tomography imaging guideline. Acta Radiol. 54(9) pp. 998-1006.
Ording Muller, L.S., Boavida, P., Avenarius, D., Damasio, B., Eldevik, O.P., Malattia, C., Lambot-Juhan, K., Tanturri, L., Owens, C.M., Rosendahl, K., 2013. MRI of the wrist in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: erosions or normal variants? A prospective case-control study. Pediatr Radiol. 43(7) pp. 785-95.
Young, C., Xie, C., Owens, C.M. 2012. Paediatric multi-detector row chest CT: what you really need to know. Insights Imaging. 3(3) pp. 229-249.
Owens, C.M., Aurora, P., Stanojevic, S., Bush, A., Wade, A., Oliver, C., Calder, A., Price, J., Carr, S.B., Shankar, A., Stocks, J.; London Cystic Fibrosis Collaboration. Lung Clearance Index and HRCT are complementary markers of lung abnormalities in young children with CF. Thorax. 66(6) pp. 481-8.
Young, C., Taylor, A.M., Owens, C.M., 2011. Paediatric cardiac computed tomography: a review of imaging techniques and radiation dose consideration. Eur Radiol. 21(3) pp. 518-29.
转诊您的孩子至Catherine Owens 医生