• Paediatric and adolescent endocrinology
• Endocrine Oncology
• Late effects of childhood cancer
• Age-appropriate MDT transition clinics – long term care
• MBBS Barts Hospital, London
• ECFMG and VQE
• CCST in paediatrics and paediatric endocrinology
• MD on neuroendocrine hormone secretory disturbances observed during and after different therapies for childhood brain tumours
• Member of the European Children’s NeuroOncology Society (SIOP-E)
• Children’s cancer and leukaemia group in the UK
• Inaugural chair of the craniopharyngioma special interest group (SIG) at the brain tumour committee of CCLG (since 2005) and formally represents the paediatric endocrine societies to this body
• Executive member of the British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (BSPED), nominated to represent endocrine-oncology stakeholder interests (since 2000)
• Chair of the joint BSPED/CCLG initiative to provide commissioned NIHCE multi-professional guidance on paediatric tumours
• Medical Protection Society
Dr Spoudeas has also set up a charity SUCCESS, in partnership with UCLH.
Success is a charity which fund raises to support research, advocacy, service development and pump primed nursing and psychology posts for rehabilitating childhood cancer.
Dr Spoudeas also undertakes Medicolegal work.
• Endocrine Oncology
• Late Effects of Childhood Cancer
• Age-appropriate MDT Transition clinics- long term care
Helen Spoudeas has published original research and review articles on the topics of hormone secretion, growth, pubertal and fertility status after cancer therapies. She has written over 35 peer-reviewed publications, 10 chapters, and one book. Some of her more recent publications include:
Management of Cushing syndrome in children and adolescents: experience of a single tertiary centre.
Güemes M, Murray PG, Brain CE, Spoudeas HA, Peters CJ, Hindmarsh PC, Dattani MT.
Eur J Pediatr. 2016 Jul;175(7):967-76. doi: 10.1007/s00431-016-2727-5. Epub 2016 May 12.PMID:27169546
Surgical treatment of children with hyperparathyroidism: single centre experience.
Alagaratnam S, Brain C, Spoudeas H, Dattani MT, Hindmarsh P, Allgrove J, Van't Hoff W, Kurzawinski TR.J Pediatr Surg. 2014 Nov;49(11):1539-43. doi:10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2014.05.032. Epub 2014 Aug 27.PMID:25475790
The role of the sonic hedgehog signalling pathway in patients with midline defects and congenital hypopituitarism.
Gregory LC, Gaston-Massuet C, Andoniadou CL, Carreno G, Webb EA, Kelberman D, McCabe MJ, Panagiotakopoulos L, Saldanha JW, Spoudeas HA, Torpiano J, Rossi M, Raine J, Canham N, Martinez-Barbera JP, Dattani MT.
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2015 May;82(5):728-38. doi: 10.1111/cen.12637. Epub 2014 Dec 9.PMID:25327282
Thyroid Surgery in Children: Clinical Outcomes.
Sinha CK, Decoppi P, Pierro A, Brain C, Hindmarsh P, Butler G, Dattani M, Spoudeas H, Kurzawinski TR.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Oct;25(5):425-9. doi: 10.1055/s-0034-1384649. Epub 2014 Aug 21.PMID:25144354
Prophylactic thyroidectomy in children with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia type 2.
Morkane C, Raptis D, Brain C, Spoudeas H, Dattani M, Hindmarsch P, Piero A, DeCoppi P, Kurzawinski TR.Regul Pept. 2010 Sep 9;164(1):9. doi: 10.1016/j.regpep.2010.07.024. Epub 2010 Aug 20. No abstract available. PMID:26009336
Kennedy C, Bull K, Chevignard M, Culliford, D, Dörr H G, Doz F, Kortmann R-D, Lannering B, Massimino M, Navajas Gutiérrez A, Rutkowski S, Spoudeas H A, Calaminus G.
Quality of Survival and Growth in Children and Young Adults in the PNET4 European Controlled Trial of Hyperfractionated Versus Conventional Radiation Therapy for Standard-Risk Medulloblastoma International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics; published on line 13th Nov 2013 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2013.09.046
Bull K, Kennedy C, Chevignard M, Spoudeas HA Hyperfractionation: fractious or not? In regard to Laprie et al. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 Jun 1;89(2):433-4. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2014.02.005. Epub 2014 May 5.
Caroll C, Clare I, Watson P, Hawkins M , Spoudeas H, Walker D, Holland A, Ring H. Effects of Early Childhood Posterior Fossa Tumours on IQ. J Neurology Neurosurgery Psychiatry 2013 Sep 84 (9): e1.
Carroll C, Watson P, Spoudeas HA, Hawkins MM, Walker DA, Clare ICH, Holland AJ, Ring HA.
Prevalence, associations, and predictors of apathy in adult survivors of infantile (<5 years of age) posterior fossa brain tumours. Neuroncology 2013 (April) ; 15(4) p 497-505 Published online 2013 January 1. doi: 10.1093/neuonc/nos320
Spoudeas HA , Bajaj P , Sommerford N Maintaining persistence and adherence with subcutaneous growth hormone therapy in children: comparing jet-delivery and needle-based devices Patient Prefer Adherence. 2014; 8: 1255–1263. Published online 2014 Sep 17. doi: 10.2147/PPA.S70019
转诊您的孩子至Helen A Spoudeas 医生