Dr Richard Howard is the Lead Clinician in the Pain Control Service and also a Consultant Anaesthetist within the Anaesthesia department at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Dr Howard's areas of interest are paediatric pain medicine and paediatric anaesthesia. Dr Howard has written numerous peer reviewed papers, book chapters and lead author of nationally approved guidelines for the treatment of pain in children.
• Congenital or acquired neuropathic pain
• Persistent postoperative pain (longer than two months after surgery)
• Complex regional pain syndrome
• Localised musculoskeletal pain
• Generalised musculoskeletal pain (widespread musculoskeletal pain)
• Abdominal pain
• Chronic illness-related pain with poor response to treatment
• Paediatric Pain Medicine
• Paediatric Anaesthesia
• British Pain Society
• International Association for the Study of Pain
• Royal College of Anaesthetists
• Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists
Beecham, E., Candy, B., Howard, R., McCulloch, R., Laddie, J., Rees, H., ... Jones, L., 2015. Pharmacological interventions for pain in children and adolescents with life-limiting conditions. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 3.
Kendall, J., Maconochie, I., Wong, IC., Howard, R., DIASAFE study,., 2015. A novel multipatient intranasal diamorphine spray for use in acute pain in children: pharmacovigilance data from an observational study. Emerg Med J. 32(4) pp. 269 – 273.
Howard, RF., Liossi, C., 2014. Pain assessment in children. Arch Dis Child. 99(12) 1123 - 1124.
Howard, RF., Wiener, S., Walker, SM., 2014. Neuropathic pain in children. Archives of Disease in Childhood-Fetal and Neonatal Edition. 99(1) pp. 84 – 89.
Rajapakse, D., Liossi, C., Howard, RF. 2014. Presentation and management of chronic pain. Arch Dis Child. 99(5) pp. 474 – 480.
转诊您的孩子至Richard Howard 医生