Dr Rukshana Shroff is a Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital and looks after children with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and those on dialysis.
Children with severe CKD and those who need dialysis can have many problems that may affect their nutrition, cause bone problems and damage the heart and blood vessels. By improving dialysis treatment and medications, the risk of these complications can be minimised. I have introduced a new type of dialysis to our unit and my research is looking into ways of reducing the risks of heart disease in our patients - Dr Shroff.
• Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
• Those on dialysis
• MBBS; Bombay University
• Diploma in Child Health; College of Physicians, Bombay
• MD (Paediatrics); Bombay University
• Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
• PhD; University College London
• Fellowship of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
• International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
• The British Association for Paediatric Nephrology (BAPN)
• The Renal Association (RA)
• International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
• Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
• British Medical Association (BMA)
• Indian Association of Paediatric Nephrologists (IAP)
• Medical Defence Union (MDU)
• Cardiovascular disease in children with CKD, with particular emphasis on identifying and reducing the burden of modifiable risk factors in dialysis patients
Dr Rukshana Shroff is an associate editor for Pediatric Nephrology. She has published widely in her field and written educational reviews and book chapters. Some of her more recent publications are listed below:
Korkmaz, E., Lipska-Ziętkiewicz, B.S., Boyer, O., Gribouval, O., Fourrage, C., Tabatabaei, M., Schnaidt, S., Gucer, S., Kaymaz, F., Arici, M., Dinckan, A., Mir, S., Bayazit, A.K., Emre, S., Balat, A., Rees, L., Shroff, R.,Bergmann, C., Mourani, C., Antignac, C., Ozaltin, F., Schaefer, F; PodoNet Consortium. 2015. ADCK4-Associated Glomerulopathy Causes Adolescence-Onset FSGS. J Am Soc Nephrol.
Fischbach, M., Zaloszyc, A., Shroff, R., 2015. The interdialytic weight gain: a simple marker of left ventricular hypertrophy in children on chronic haemodialysis. Pediatr Nephrol. 30(6) pp. 859-68.
Bonthuis, M., Busutti, M., van Stralen, K.J., Jager, K.J., Baiko, S., Bakkaloğlu, S., Battelino, N., Gaydarova, M., Gianoglio, B., Parvex, P., Gomes, C., Heaf, J.G., Podracka, L., Kuzmanovska, D., Molchanova, M.S., Pankratenko, T.E., Papachristou, F., Reusz, G., Sanahuja, M.J., Shroff, R., Groothoff, J.W., Schaefer, F., Verrina, E., 2015. Mineral metabolism in European children living with a renal transplant: a European society for paediatric nephrology/european renal association-European dialysis and transplant association registry study. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 10(5) pp. 767-75.
Doyon, A., Fischer, D.C., Bayazit, A.K., Canpolat, N., Duzova, A., Sözeri, B., Bacchetta, J., Balat, A., Büscher, A., Candan, C., Cakar, N., Donmez, O., Dusek, J., Heckel, M., Klaus, G., Mir, S., Özcelik, G., Sever, L., Shroff, R., Vidal, E., Wühl, E., Gondan, M., Melk, A., Querfeld, U., Haffner, D., Schaefer, F; 4C Study Consortium. 2015. Markers of bone metabolism are affected by renal function and growth hormone therapy in children with chronic kidney disease.PLoS One. 10(2).
Ketteler, M., Elder, G.J., Evenepoel, P., Ix, J.H., Jamal, S.A., Lafage-Proust, M.H., Shroff, R., Thadhani, R.I., Tonelli, M.A., Kasiske, B.L, Wheeler, D.C., Leonard, M.B., 2015. Revisiting KDIGO clinical practice guideline on chronic kidney disease-mineral and bone disorder: a commentary from a Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes controversies conference. Kidney Int. 87(3) pp. 502-28.
Rees, L., Shroff, R., 2014. The demise of calcium-based phosphate binders-is this appropriate for children? Pediatr Nephrol.
转诊您的孩子至Rukshana Shroff 医生