Dr Stephen D Marks is a Reader and Consultant in Paediatric Nephrology at University College London Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health and clinical lead for renal transplantation at Great Ormond Street Hospital, which is one of the largest paediatric renal transplantation centres in the world.
He works in the nephrology department and his areas of expertise include renal transplantation, systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis and hypertension. His research continues to date in the fields of renal transplantation (including innovative drug trials concerning new anti-rejection therapies and assessment of children post-renal transplantation), systemic lupus erythematosus and vasculitis (including studies of the aetiopathogenesis, management and outcome of childhood onset SLE and lupus nephritis) and hypertension (including genetic linkage and familial studies of renovascular hypertension and clinical studies on the management and long-term prognosis of children with renovascular hypertension).
Dr Marks was named in The Times Top 100 Children’s Doctors in the United Kingdom in December 2012. He is a member of the European Society for Paediatric Nephrology, International Pediatric Hypertension Association, International Pediatric Nephrology Association and International Pediatric Transplantation Association. He is section editor for Pediatric Nephrology, which is the journal of the International Pediatric Nephrology Association and on the editorial boards of the British Journal of Renal Medicine and Pediatric Transplantation, which is the journal of the International Pediatric Transplant Association.
Stephen Marks has written numerous publications and is the associate editor for Pediatric Transplantation and Pediatric Nephrology.
- Renal transplantation
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Urinary tract infections
- MBChB from University of Glasgow
- MRCP (UK)
- DCH (London)
- MSc in Clinical Paediatrics from University College London
- MD (University of London)
- Paediatric training in the hospitals of Glasgow, Newcastle upon Tyne, London and Brisbane
- Paediatric nephrology training in London and Toronto
- The Renal Association
- British Transplantation Society
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Association for Paediatric Nephrology
- European Society for Paediatric Nephrology
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association
- International Pediatric Transplant Association
- International Pediatric Hypertension Association
- International Society of Nephrology
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- International Paediatric Transplant Association Council
- Member and previous Chair of the IPTA Publications and Communications Committee
- Member of the IPTA Ethics Committee
- Chair of the NHS Blood and Transplant Paediatric Kidney Advisory Group
- BAPN representative for NHSBT Kidney Advisory Group
- Chair of RaDaR membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis) group (UK Registry for Rare Kidney Diseases – (C3 glomerulopathy, Dense Deposit Disease and Membranoproliferative Glomerulonephritis)
- Renal transplantation (including innovative drug trials concerning new anti-rejection therapies and assessment of children post-renal transplantation)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and vasculitis (including studies of the aetiopathogenesis, management and outcome of childhood onset SLE and lupus nephritis)
- Hypertension (including genetic linkage and familial studies of renovascular hypertension and clinical studies on the management and long-term prognosis of children with renovascular hypertension)
Kim, J.J., Shaw, O., Martin, C., Michaelides, G., Balasubramaniam, R., Sebire, N.J., Mamode, N., Dorling, A., Vaughan, R., Marks, S.D. 2017. Clinical risk stratification of paediatric renal transplant recipients using C1q and C3d fixing of de novo donor specific antibodies. Pediatr Nephrol. in press.
Marlais, M., Pankhurst, L., Hudson, A., Sharif, K., Marks, S.D. 2017. UK national registry study of kidney donation after circulatory death for pediatric recipients. Transplantation. 101(6) pp. 1171 - 1181.
Mamode, N., Marks, S.D. 2017. Paediatric renal transplantation: moving forward in the field. Pediatr Nephrol. in press.
Hayes, W., Boyle, S., Carroll, A., Bockenhauer, D., Marks, S.D. 2017. Hypomagnesemia and increased risk of new-onset diabetes mellitus after transplantation in pediatric renal transplant recipients. Pediatr Nephrol. 32(5) pp. 879 - 884.
Dufek, S., Khalil, A., Mamode, N., Sebire, N.J., Marks, S.D. 2017. Plasma-cell-rich infiltrates in paediatric renal transplant biopsies are associated with increased risk of renal allograft failure. Pediatr Nephrol. 32(4) pp. 679 - 684.
Ware, N., Sebire, N.J., Chong, W.K., Krishnan, R., Marks, S.D. 2017. When is biopsy-proven tubulo-interstitial nephritis not simply tubulo-interstitial nephritis? Pediatr Nephrol. 32(6) pp. 975 - 979.
Groot, N., Graeff, N., Avcin, T., Bader-Meunier, B., Brogan, P., Dolezalova, P., Feldman, B., Kone-Paut, I., Lahdenne, P., Marks, S.D., McCann, L., Ozen, S., Pilkington, C., Ravelli, A., Royen-Kerkhof, A.V., Uziel, Y., Vastert, B., Wulffraat, N., Kamphuis, S., Beresford, M.W. 2017. European evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: the SHARE initiative.Ann Rheum. in press.
Groot, N., de Graeff, N., Avcin, T., Bader-Meunier, B., Dolezalova, P., Feldman, B., Kenet, G., Kone-Paut, I., Lahdenne, P., Marks, S.D., McCann, L., Pilkington, C.A., Ravelli, A., van Royen-Kerkhof, A., Uziel, Y., Vastert, S.J., Wulffraat, N.M., Ozen, S., Brogan, P., Kamphuis, S., Beresford, M.W. 2017. European evidence-based recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of paediatric antiphospholipid syndrome: the SHARE initiative. Ann Rheum Dis. in press.
Damasio, M.B., Ording Muller, L.S., Piaggio, G., Marks, S.D., Riccabona, M. 2017. Imaging in paediatric renal transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 21(3).
Hamilton, A.J., Braddon, F., Casula, A., Lewis, M., Mallett, T., Marks, S.D., Shenoy, M., Sinha, M.D., Tse, Y., Maxwell, H. 2017. UK Renal Registry 19th Annual Report: Chapter 9 - Clinical, Haematological and Biochemical Parameters in Patients on Renal Replacement Therapy in Paediatric Centres in the UK in 2015: National and Centre-specific Analyses. Nephron. 137 (Suppl 1) pp. 235 - 250.
转诊您的孩子至Stephen Marks 医生