• Cleft Lip and Palate
• Vascular Anomalies & Birthmarks
• Paediatric Plastic Surgery
• Charterhouse School
• BM BS
• BMedSci from Nottingham University
• Initial training in Nottingham, Leicester and Preston
• Surgery and plastic surgery training in Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham
• Paediatric plastic surgery training was at Great Ormond Street and St Andrew's Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery
• National Interface Training Fellowship in Cleft Lip and Palate at Birmingham Children's Hospital
• FRCS (Plastic Surgery)
• MA (Health Care Ethics & Law) from Manchester University Law School
• General Medical Council's Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery
• Royal College of Surgeons of England
• Chair of the Surgical Clinical Excellence Network - Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland
• Member of the Great Ormond Street Hospital Clinical Ethics Committee
• Fitness to Practise Panellist for the General Medical Council 2003-2013
• ICHOM (International Consortium for Healthcare Outcome Measurement) international working group and implementation group member for Cleft Lip and Palate Standard Outcome Se
• Cleft Lip and Palate
• Vascular Anomalies
• Measurement and Monitoring of Clinical Outcomes
• Improving Surgical Outcomes by feedback of results
His main research interests are in Cleft Lip and Palate, Vascular Anomalies and Clinical Outcomes. The Health Foundation awarded him a patient-safety and quality-improvement grant for his work on improving clinical outcomes.
Guy Thorburn has written several publications and is a chapter co-author with Loshan Kangesu and Paul Morris in Harper's Textbook of Paediatric Dermatology.
He regularly publishes journal articles and book chapters as well as presenting at scientific meetings.
Van der Zeeuw, F., Murabit, A., Volcano, J., Patel, B., Hay, N., Sommerlad, B., Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L., 2015. A reliable method to measure lip height using photogrammetry in unilateral cleft lip patients. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 26(6) pp. 1865-70.
Kangesu, L., Thorburn, G., et al; (2015 in press) Plastic Surgery chapter in Great Ormond Street Colour Handbook of Paediatrics and Child Health.
Swan, M.C., Thorburn, G., Sommerlad, B.C., Sury, M.R., Morris, P., Kangesu, L., Van Eeden, S., 2015. Intraoperative high-dose epinephrine infiltration in cleft palate repair. J Craniofac Surg. 25(5) p. 1934.
Sitzman,T.J., Allori, A.C., Thorburn, G., 2014. Measuring outcomes in cleft lip and palate treatment. Clin Plast Surg. 41(2) pp. 311-9.
Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L., 2012. More Complex Skin surgery. In ed. A.D Irvine, P.H.Hoeger and A. C. Yan 2012. Harper’s Paediatric Dermatology 3rd Ed. London: Wiley-Blackwell.
Roberts, G., Thorburn, G., Collins, D., Smailes, S., Dziewulski, P., 2012. Development and Implementation of prospective outcome monitoring in a regional burns service using cumulative sum (CUSUM) techniques. Burns. 39(4) pp.571-6.
转诊您的孩子至Guy Thornburn 先生