Dr Richard Lin completed his anaesthesia training in London Deanery in 2020 followed by his fellowship in paediatric anaesthesia at GOSH in 2021. He has been fortunate enough to have spent time working as a paediatric anaesthesia fellow in Canada, Uganda and Zambia during his training. He has also worked as a Junior Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist at Red Cross Memorial Children’s Hospital in Cape Town before joining GOSH again as a paediatric anaesthetist consultant.
- 2020 Certificate of Completion of Training
- 2015 Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- 2010 Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons
- 2002 -2008 King’s College London,
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- 2005 2:1 Intercalated BSc (hons) in Anatomy and Cell Biology
- 1995 – 2002 Queen Elizabeth’s School, Hertfordshire
News & Publications
1. Lin R, Zhu K, Poznikoff A, Görges M, Brown Z. The Effect of Lidocaine Infusion on Postoperative Opioid Consumption in Adolescents Undergoing Posterior Spinal Instrumentation and Fusion for Idiopathic Scoliosis. The Spine Journal. 2021. PMID: 33774208
A retrospective review.
2. Lin R, Ansermino JM. Dexmedetomidine in paediatric anaesthesia. BJA Education. 2020 Oct 1;20(10):348-53. PMID: 33456916
A continuing medical education (CME) review article.
3. Madders R, Lin R, Rosten C, Patel C. Validating a quality of extubation scoring system in a specialist airway centre. European Journal of Anaesthesiology. 2021; 38: 1-4
A prospective study.
4. Mistry SC, Lin R, Mumphansha H, Kettley LC, Pearson JA, Akrimi S, Mayne DJ, Hangoma W, Bould MD. Newborn Resuscitation Skills in Health Care Providers at a Zambian Tertiary Center, and Comparison to World Health Organization Standards. Anesthesia & Analgesia. 2018 Jul 1;127(1):217-23.
doi: 10.1213/ANE.0000000000003337.PMID: 29677057
An observational prospective study.
5. Lin, R. Ahmed, I. and Bould, D. (2017), Dexamethasone, blood glucose and CONSORT guidelines. Anaesthesia, 72: 791. doi:10.1111/anae.13891
A correspondence letter following a journal club discussion.
6. R Lin, I Citron, M Dudley Fascia Iliaca Compartment Block: “Consciously Incompetent” to “Consciously Competent”- British Journal of Anaesthesia Bulletin- July 2014
An article in the Bulletin of the British Journal of Anaesthesia outlining a quality improvement project for increasing analgesia for fractured neck of femur patients in a district general hospital.
7. I G Panagiotopoulou, D Parashar, R Lin, S Antonowicz, AD Wells, FM Bajwa, B Krijgsman. The diagnostic value of white cell count, C-reactive protein and bilirubin in acute appendicitis and its complications. Ann R Coll Surg Engl 2013; 95: 215-221 PMID: 23827295
A retrospective study.
8. Lin R, Shihurkar R, Ahmad N. Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland. Best practice guideline on immunisation and surgery. 2021
A national update guideline for children who have been recently vaccinated and are due to undergo anaesthesia and surgery.
9. Giombini M, Woodman N, Lin R. Intranasal dexmedetomidine for premedication clinical guideline. King’s College Hospital, London. 2020
A hospital guideline on the use of intra-nasal dexmedetomidine as a premedication at a tertiary paediatric hospital.
Refer your child to Dr Richard Lin
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.