All aspects of inner ear disorder in children presenting with hearing difficulties and balance problems i.e hearing loss, balance disorders, cochlear implant and ototoxcity.
• Hearing and balance problems in children
• Auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder
• Cochlear Implant
• Aetiology of hearing loss
• Acquired hearing and balance problems such as post Meningitis, post traumatic i.e head injury or noise exposure
• General Medical Council
• British Medical Association
• International Association of Audiovestibular Physicians
• British Society of Neurology (BSNO)
• British Cochlear Implant Group (BCIG)
Dr Rajput is currently one of the lead investigator for an international study assessing the otoprotection against Cisplatin ototoxicity. Due to be completed in October 2017.
Dr Rajput has published research in peer reviewed journals and have overseen several MSC and BSc students project.
Dr Rajput organises national academic meetings in her speciality, discussing cutting edge research developments. She has set up and published new research in key areas in peer reviewed journals. She has been part of national quality assurance team assessing the implementation of new born hearing screening program.
• Main research interest is cochlear implantation in children as well meningitis and ototoxicity
• Several research projects already completed in: vestibular testing in children with hearing loss, physical, psychological, social and economic burden consequent on survival from bacterial meningitis and/or meningococcal septicaemia and 'A one year open label, multicenter trial to assess efficacy, safety and tolerability of Canakinumab(ACZ885)' and the efficacy and safety of childhood vaccinations in patients aged 4 years or younger with Cryopyrin Associated Periodic Syndromes
Dr Rajput has been published in a number of peer-reviewed journals and book chapters, including most recently;
Viner, R.M., Booy, R., Johnson, H., Edmunds, W.J., Hudson, L., Bedford, H., Kaczmarski, E., Rajput, K., Ramsay, M., Christie, D., 2012. Outcomes of invasive meningococcal serogroup B disease in children and adolescents (MOSAIC): a case-control study. Lancet Neurol. 11(9) pp. 774-83.
Brogan, K., Eleftheriou, D., Rajput, K., Edelsten, C., Sebire, N., Brogan, P., 2012. Tubulointerstitial nephritis, uveitis, hearing loss and vestibular failure:TINU-atypical Cogan's overlap syndrome. Rheumatology (Oxford). 51(5) pp. 950-2.
Kilsby, A. J., Cruwys, M., Kukendrajah, C., Russell-Eggitt, I., Raglan, E., Rajput, K., Loshe, P., Brady, A.F., 2013. Homozygosity for piebaldism with a proven KIT mutation resulting in depigmentation of the skin and hair, deafness, developmental delay and autism spectrum disorder. Clin Dysmorphol. 22(2) pp. 64-7.
Russo, R.A.G., Melo-Gomes, S., Lachmann, H.J., Wynne, K., Rajput, K., Eleftheriou, D., Edelsten, C., Hawkins, P.N., Brogan, P.A., 2013. Efficacy and safety of canakinumab therapy in paediatric patients with cryopyrin-associatedperiodic syndrome: a single-centre, real-world experience. Rheumatology. 2014;53 pp. 665-670.
Trozzi, M., Powell, H.R., Toma, S., Ahmed, W., Jephson, C.G., Rajput, K., Cochrane, L.A., 2014. Cochlear re-implant rates in children: 20 years experience in a quaternary paediatric cochlear implant centre. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol.
Nash, R., Veness, J., Wyatt, M., Raglan, E., Rajput, K., 2014. Vestibular function in children with auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 78(8) pp. 1269-73.
Rajput, K., and Bitner-Glindzicz, M., - Chapter 30. Hearing and Balance in Children. MRCPCH Mastercourse - The Science of Paediatrics. published in 2016.
Mahon, M., Rajput, K., Vickers, D., 2016. Expert opinion: Assessing cochlear implant candidacy and progress for people with English as an additional language. Cochlear Implant Internation 17(sup1) pp. 59-61.
转诊您的孩子至Kaukab Rajput 医生