Dr Muthana Al Obaidi has been a Consultant in Paediatric Rheumatology for more than five years. He is the Educational Lead for the Rheumatology Department and is the lead for the clinical network and outreach service.
He is currently the principal investigator in a collaborative international study, looking at a new medicine in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA).
What makes our department so special is the wide range of conditions that we deal with, the active research activity that has been integrated into the day to day work and our close work with the academic department at the University College London Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health
Also, one of the strongest attributes of our team is the multidisciplinary approach to JIA and involving the patients and their families in managing the disease. We have a unique intensive rehabilitation programme we offer to patients with JIA, to work on joints contractures, muscle wasting and weakness and improve the strength and stamina of our patients, aiming for them to have a normal life.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis in Children and young people
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Children and young people
- Juvenile Dermatomyositis
- Inflammatory and non-inflammatory musculoskeletal pain
- Developing clinical network with the shared care units
- Paediatric Training Programme: North Thames/ London
- Paediatric Rheumatology training at Great Ormond Street Hospital and Sheffield
- Secretary of The British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology (2014 -2017)
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: integrating research and academic work into day to day practice. PI of Sarilumab (Anti IL6) ascending dose finding in Poly JIA and Systemic JIA trials (two studies) and the CO PI of the JIA website trial. Currently working on VZV antibody status in patients on biologics.
Previous research roles:
- Co Investigator for the SYCAMORE trial-.RCT to establish the clinical effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of Adalimumab in combination with methotrexate for the treatment of JIA associated uveitis.
- Co Investigator for the JSLE cohort study.
- Co Investigator for the BCRD: Extended Biologics.
- Co Investigator for the BSPAR Etanercept cohort study.
- Co Investigator for the BILAG Biologics study.
转诊您的孩子至Muthana Al Obaidi 医生