Dr Marlais is a Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. He looks after children with all forms of kidney disease and his areas of expertise include cystic kidney disease, infant chronic kidney disease, hypertension and vasculitis.
Dr Marlais conducts clinical research as an Honorary Associate Professor at the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health. His research focuses on cystic kidney disease, hypertension and cardiovascular health in renal disease.
Dr Marlais maintains an active interest in medical education and training. He is a Training Program Director at the London School of Paediatrics and is Assessment Advisor for the Paediatric Nephrology CSAC at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- General Paediatric Nephrology
- Cystic kidney disease
- Infant chronic kidney disease
- Glomerular diseases and vasculitis
Education and Training:
- BSc(Hons) Medical Sciences – Imperial College London
- MBBS(Hons) – University of London
- MBBS Gold Medal – University of London
- Paediatric Training at Bristol Children’s Hospital and across London School of Paediatrics
- MSc(Distinction) in Advanced Paediatrics – University College London
- Paediatric Nephrology Training at Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
- European Society for Paediatric Nephrology (ESPN)
- International Paediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
- International Paediatric Transplant Association (IPTA)
- British Society for Paediatric Nephrology (BAPN)
- The Renal Association
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Infant chronic kidney disease
- Hypertension and cardiovascular health in renal disease
M Marlais, S Rajalingam, H Gu, A Savis, MD Sinha, PJD Winyard. Central blood pressure and measures of early vascular disease in children with ADPKD. Pediatric Nephrology. 2019; Published online.
C Gimpel, C Bergmann, D Bockenhauer, L Breysem, M Cadnapaphornchai, M Cetiner, J Dudley, F Emma, M Konrad, T Harris, P Harris, J König, M Liebau, M Marlais, D Mekahli, A Metcalfe, J Oh, R Perrone, M Sinha, A Titieni, R Torra, S Weber, P Winyard, F Schaefer. International consensus statement on the diagnosis and management of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) in children and young people. Nature Reviews Nephrology. 2019; Published online.
J Dudley, PJ Winyard, M Marlais, O Cuthell, T Harris, J Chong, J Sayer, D Gale, L Moore, K Turner, S Borrows, R Sandford. Clinical Practice Guideline monitoring children and young people with, or at risk of developing Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease (ADPKD). BMC Nephrology. 2019; 20:148.
M Marlais, L Pankhurst, K Martin, L Bradbury, EJ Tizard, SD Marks. Renal allograft survival rates in kidneys initially declined for paediatric transplantation. Pediatric Nephrology. 2018, 33 (9): 1609-16.
M Marlais, L Pankhurst, A Hudson, K Sharif, SD Marks. UK National registry study of kidney donation after circulatory death for paediatric recipients. Transplantation. 2017; 101 (6):1177-81.
M Marlais, MD Lyttle, D Inwald. Ten concerns about blood pressure measurement and targets in paediatric sepsis. Intensive Care Medicine. 2017; 43 (3): 433-435.
M Marlais, O Cuthell, D Langan, J Dudley, MD Sinha, PJD Winyard. Hypertension in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease: A Meta-Analysis. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2016; 101 (12): 1142-1147.
M Marlais, C Callaghan, SD Marks. Kidney donation after circulatory death: current evidence and opportunities for paediatric recipients. Pediatric Nephrology. 2016; 31: 1039-1045.
M Marlais, A Hudson, L Pankhurst, S Fuggle, SD Marks. Living donation has a greater impact on renal allograft survival than HLA matching in paediatric renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2016; 100 (12): 2717-2722.
M Marlais, RJ Coward. Paediatrics, insulin resistance and the kidney. Pediatric Nephrology. 2015; 30: 1217-1224.
أحل طفلك إلى طبيب Matko Marlais
استخدم النموذج التالي لإحالة طفل للعلاج. سيتصل بك أحد أعضاء فريقنا خلال يومي عمل (الإثنين – الجمعة)
الإجابة ضرورية للاستمرار