Professor Andreas Roposch has been a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) since 2005.
He has a particular interest in the treatment of complex hip problems in children and young people.
• Treatment of hip problems in babies, children and young adults
• Deformities of the legs, in particular in the context of bridle bone disease and other bone disorders
• Common problems in children’s orthopaedics such as toeing, flat feet, knock knees
• Fracture care in children
• Hip ultrasound and harness treatment
• Hip dysplasia and hip dislocation
• Perthes disease
• Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
• Impingement of the hip
Professor Roposch trained in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Vienna and at Children’s Hospital, San Diego, USA. He undertook a one-year clinical fellowship in paediatric orthopaedics at the prestigious Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada, followed by subspecialist training in paediatric and young adult hip surgery with Professor John Wedge at the same hospital.
Professor Roposch holds a teaching qualification for infant hip ultrasound that is used to diagnose hip dysplasia. He is the Director of the London Hip Ultrasound Course, which is very popular among surgeons, sonographers, radiologists and paediatricians from all over the country.
• Member, British Society for Children's Orthopaedics
• Member, Salter Society
• Member, German-speaking Society of Paediatric Orthopaedics
• Former Board Member, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
• Former Chair, Scientific Committee, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
Hip dysplasia exploring diagnosis, treatment, and cause of this condition.
Professor Roposch has published widely including articles in Radiology, American Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Journal of Roentgenology, and British Journal of Radiology; and numerous other publications including review articles, textbooks and editorials. Some of his more recent publications include:
Ashby, E., Roposch, A., 2015. Diagnostic yield of sonography in infants with suspected hip dysplasia: diagnostic thinking efficiency and therapeutic efficiency. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 204(1) pp. 177-81.
Roposch, A., 2015. CORR Insights ®: What clinimetric evidence exists for using hip-specific patient-reported outcome measures in pediatric hip impingement? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 473(4) pp. 1368-9.
Roposch, A., Protopapa, E., Cortina-Borja, M., 2014. Weighted diagnostic criteria for developmental dysplasia of the hip. J Pediatr 165(6) pp. 1236-1240.
Roposch, A., Liu, L.Q., Protopapa, E., 2013. Variations in the use of diagnostic criteria for developmental dysplasia of the hip. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 471(6) pp. 1946-54.
أحل طفلك إلى بروفيسور Andreas Roposch
استخدم النموذج التالي لإحالة طفل للعلاج. سيتصل بك أحد أعضاء فريقنا خلال يومي عمل (الإثنين – الجمعة)
الإجابة ضرورية للاستمرار