Dr Karolina Gholam is currently working as a Paediatric Dermatology Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital and as an Honorary Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health. She is one of only two doctors dually accredited in Paediatrics and Dermatology in the UK.
She obtained a Master’s Degree in Clinical Paediatrics and her thesis on Familial Haemophagocytic Histiocytosis was published in the journal Clinical and Experimental Immunology. She completed the Paediatric Educator’s Programme and lectures regularly on paediatric dermatology related topics. She has published on the use of propranolol for infantile haemangiomas and other paediatric dermatology conditions.
- All aspects of childhood skin disorders
- Inflammatory dermatoses such as eczema and psoriasis
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Haemangiomas and other vascular lesions
- Birthmarks and other genetic disorders
- Adolescent dermatology
- Board certified in paediatrics and dermatology
- British Association of Dermatology
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- European Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- International Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Eczema and psoriasis
News & Publications
Thompson MJ, Engelman D, Gholam K, Fuller LC, Steer AC., 2017. Systematic review of the diagnosis of scabies in therapeutic trials. Clin Exp Dermatol. 42(5) pp. 481-487.
Leveson J., Gholam K., Acne vulgaris: A Clinical Review. GP Online. January 2017
Eustace, K., Joliffe, V., Sahota, A., Gholam, K., 2016. Cutaneous Mycobacterium abscessus infection following hair transplant. Clin Exp Dermatol, 41(7) pp 768-70.
Gholam, C., Grigoriadou, S., Gilmour, K., Gaspar, B., 2011. Familial Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis; advances in the genetic basis, diagnosis and management. Clinical & Experimental Immunology. 163(3) pp. 271-83.
Giardini, A., Gholam, C., Khamadkone, S., Kostolony, M., 2010. Need for comprehensive vascular assessment before surgical repair of aortic coarctation in PHACES syndrome. Pediatr Cardiol. 31(2). 291-3.
Manunza, F., Syed, S., Laguda, B., Lindward, J., Kennedy, H., Gholam, C., Glover, M., Giardini, A., Harper, J., 2010. Propranolol for complicated infantile haemangiomas; a case series of thirty patients. British Journal of Dermatology. 1622 pp 466-8.
Refer your child to Dr Karolina Gholam
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.