Mr Robert Henderson is a Consultant Paediatric Ophthalmic Surgeon who works in the Ophthalmology department. He is one of only three dedicated paediatric vitreoretinal surgeons in the country and his expertise includes the management of FEVR, Coats disease, Incontinentia Pigmenti and Retinopathy of Prematurity as well as complex retinal detachments.
He is also a paediatric ophthalmologist and provides opinions for inherited retinal dystrophies; he operates on complex cataract including trauma and uveitis related complications.
He is appointed jointly between Great Ormond Street Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- Paediatric vitreo-retinal surgery
- Complex retinal detachment in children and neonates
- Retino-vascular diseases: Coats disease, Familial Exudative Vitreo-Retinopathy (FEVR), Incontinentia Pigmenti
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Stickler Syndrome
- Paediatric medical retina, inherited retinal disease, and retinal genetics
- Leber’s Congenital Amaurosis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Early onset macular dystrophies
- Stargardt Disease
- Paediatric cataract
- Congenital cataract
- Dislocated lenses e.g Marfan Syndrome or Ectopia Lentis
- Retinal Genetics
- Vitreo-retinal surgery fellowships at the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne and at Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship at ‘Sick Kids’ – the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
- Registrar training at Moorfields Eye Hospital and North Thames training rotation
- MBBS – University of London
- BSc - University College London
- Mr Henderson was the 2010 Royal College of Ophthalmologist’s Keeler Scholar based on his plans for developing paediatric vitreo-retinal surgery in the UK
- FRCOphth – Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- MD – University of London
- General Medical Council (GMC number 4628080)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- European Retina Society (EURETINA)
- British and Eire Vitreo-Retinal Society (BEAVRS)
- UK Eye Genetic Group (EGG)
- American Academy of Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Norrie Disease Foundation Medical and Scientific Advisory Board
- Genetics of early onset retinal and vitreoretinal conditions
- Mr Henderson has multiple publications in peer reviewed journals on vitreo-retinal surgery and retinal genetics. He has published a number of book chapters and is an external reviewer for several international journals.
Refer your child to Mr Robert Henderson
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.