- Interim and definitive oral rehabilitation of patients with cleft, craniofacial disorders and head and neck tumours
- Reshaping and restoration of compromised teeth
- Replacement of missing teeth
- Dental implants
- Speech Prostheses
• BDS, MSc, MFDS, FDS(RestDent)
• Qualified as a dentist from Newcastle University
• Masters Degree in Restorative Dentistry
• Higher Specialist training at the Royal London Dental Hospital
• Consultant in Restorative Dentistry
• GDC Registered Specialist in Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry
• Member British Society of Restorative Dentistry
• Member British Society of Prosthdontics
• Founder Member Restorative Dentistry Cleft Lip and Palate Clinical Excellence Network
• Craniofacial Society of the UK and Ireland
- Treatment outcomes in cleft lip and palate patients
- Oral rehabilitation of head and neck cancer patients
- Speech Prosthetics
News & Publications
Critchlow, S.B., and Ellis, J.S. 2009. Development and Validation of a Questionnaire to Identify Patient-Centred Risk Factors Associated with an Inability to Wear Conventional Dentures Successfully. MSc Research Project.
Critchlow, S.B., and Ellis, J.S 2010. Prognostic Indicators for Conventional Complete Denture Therapy: A Review of the Literature. Journal of Dentistry. 38(1) pp. 2-9.
Critchlow, S.B., Ellis, J.S and Field, J.C. 2012. Reducing the Risk of Failure in Complete Denture Patients. Dental Update. 39 pp. 427-436. Reprinted in 2014. Riskwise, Dental Protection. 46.
Critchlow, S.B., and Nanayakkara, L. 2012. A Guide to Entry into Specialist Training. British Dental Journal. 212 pp. 35-40.
Critchlow, S.B., 2012. Ceramic materials have similar short term survival rates to other materials on posterior teeth. Abstracted from:Pol and Kalk. 2011. Systematic review of ceramic inlays in posterior teeth: an update. Evidence Based Dentistry. 13 p. 49.
Critchlow, S.B., Morgan, C., and Leung, T. 2013. The oral health status of pre-treatment head and neck cancer patients. British Dental Journal. 216(1) pp. 32-33.
Refer your child to Mr Simon Critchlow
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.