Dr Slater has been Consultant Paediatric Oncologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London since 2010. Dr Slater works full time and has an extensive patient cohort. Therefore she works only at Great Ormond Street in her NHS and private patient capacity.
Dr Slater is the Lead for Sarcoma Services and Clinical Lead for Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH). Apart from the clinical interest, Dr Slater is also the educational and clinical supervisor for clinical fellows/junior doctors providing supervision and training of the new paediatric workforce.
Dr Slater has clinical and academic research interest especially in the area of sarcoma and Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis.
- Paediatric sarcoma (including rhabdomyosarcoma, non-rhabdomyosarcoma soft tissue sarcoma, Ewings sarcoma, rhabdoid tumours, sarcoma in infants)
- Langerhans cell histocytosis
- Germ cell tumours
- Rare tumours
- Management of sarcomas including novel therapies and advanced local therapy
- Clinical and pre-clinical research in sarcomas and LCH
- MD Medical School, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Membership of Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health, London, UK 1998.
- Training in Paediatric and Paediatric Oncology through National Grid system London, UK 1997-2005.
- Masters in Clinical Paediatrics, ICH, University of London
- PhD in Novel cancer treatments at the Institute of Cancer Research and University of London 2016.
- Member of the Children Cancer and Leukaemia Group
- Chair of the Soft tissue Sarcoma Special Interest Group at the CCLG
- Member of the SIOP Europe
- Member of the European Soft Tissue Sarcoma Group (EpSSG)
- Member of Young Onset Soft Tissue Sarcoma Group (YOSS)
- Member of the Histocyte Society
- Clinical and pre-clinical research in soft tissue sarcomas, especially rhabdomyosarcoma and infant sarcoma
- Clinical and pre-clinical research and novel therapies in Langerhans cell histiocytosis
News & Publications
Vemurafenib for Refractory Multisystem Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Children: An International Observational Study.
Donadieu J, Larabi IA, Tardieu M, Visser J, Hutter C, Sieni E, Kabbara N, Barkaoui M, Miron J, Chalard F, Milne P, Haroche J, Cohen F, Hélias-Rodzewicz Z, Simon N, Jehanne M, Kolenova A, Pagnier A, Aladjidi N, Schneider P, Plat G, Lutun A, Sonntagbauer A, Lehrnbecher T, Ferster A, Efremova V, Ahlmann M, Blanc L, Nicholson J, Lambilliote A, Boudiaf H, Lissat A, Svojgr K, Bernard F, Elitzur S, Golan M, Evseev D, Maschan M, Idbaih A, Slater O, Minkov M, Taly V, Collin M, Alvarez JC, Emile JF, Héritier S.
J Clin Oncol. 2019 Nov 1;37(31):2857-2865. doi: 10.1200/JCO.19.00456. Epub 2019 Sep
Rickart AJ, Drummond-Hay V, Suchak A, Sadiq Z, Sebire NJ, Slater O, Mills C.
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2019 Oct;48(10):1307-1312. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2019.02.011. Epub 2019 Mar 11
Recurrent intragenic rearrangements of EGFR and BRAF in soft tissue tumors of infants.
Wegert J, Vokuhl C, Collord G, Del Castillo Velasco-Herrera M, Farndon SJ, Guzzo C, Jorgensen M, Anderson J, Slater O, Duncan C, Bausenwein S, Streitenberger H, Ziegler B, Furtwängler R, Graf N, Stratton MR, Campbell PJ, Jones DT, Koelsche C, Pfister SM, Mifsud W, Sebire N, Sparber-Sauer M, Koscielniak E, Rosenwald A, Gessler M, Behjati S.
Nat Commun. 2018 Jun 18;9(1):2378. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-04650-6.
Facial asymmetry in head and neck rhabdomyosarcoma survivors.
Schoot RA, Hol MLF, Merks JHM, Suttie M, Slater O, van Lennep M, Hopman SMJ, Dunaway D, Syme-Grant J, Smeele LE, Zwinderman KH, Caron HN, Hammond P.
Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017 Oct;64(10). doi: 10.1002/pbc.26508. Epub 2017 Apr 19.
Kinsler VA, O'Hare P, Jacques T, Hargrave D, Slater O.
Br J Cancer. 2017 Apr 11;116(8):990-993. doi: 10.1038/bjc.2017.49. Epub 2017 Mar 2.
Schoot RA, Slater O, Ronckers CM, Zwinderman AH, Balm AJ, Hartley B, van den Brekel MW, Gupta S, Saeed P, Gajdosova E, Pieters BR, Gaze MN, Mandeville HC, Fajardo RD, Chang YC, Gains JE, Strackee SD, Dunaway D, Abela C, Mason C, Smeele LE, Chisholm JC, Levitt GA, Kremer LC, Grootenhuis MA, Maurice-Stam H, Stiller CA, Hammond P, Caron HN, Merks JH.
Eur J Cancer. 2015 Jul;51(11):1424-34. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2015.02.010. Epub 2015 May 18.
Clement SC, Schoot RA, Slater O, Chisholm JC, Abela C, Balm AJM, van den Brekel MW, Breunis WB, Chang YC, Davila Fajardo R, Dunaway D, Gajdosova E, Gaze MN, Gupta S, Hartley B, Kremer LCM, van Lennep M, Levitt GA, Mandeville HC, Pieters BR, Saeed P, Smeele LE, Strackee SD, Ronckers CM, Caron HN, van Santen HM, Merks JHM.
Eur J Cancer. 2016 Feb;54:1-10. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2015.10.064. Epub 2015 Dec 17
Slater O, Shipley J.
J Clin Pathol. 2007 Nov;60(11):1187-94. Epub 2007 Apr 27. Review.
Refer your child to Dr Olga Slater
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.