• Skin and soft tissue lesions such as moles, cysts, birthmarks and skin tags
• Scar revisions and closure of wounds after injuries
• Polydactyly (extra fingers or toes)
• Cleft lip and palate
• Birthmarks - haemangiomas and vascular anomalies including laser therapy
• Ear anomalies and prominent ear correction
• Other plastic surgery related and congenital conditions including tongue tie
• One of the National Lead Trainers of future cleft lip and palate surgeons
• MBChB from the University of Leicester
• Surgical training in hospitals in Leicester and Norwich
• FRCS (Ed)
• FRCS (Plastics)
• MD in plastic surgery and research from the University of Leicester Hospitals
• Trained in plastic surgery and cleft at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
• Specialist maxillofacial and plastic surgery fellowship in Wellington, New Zealand
• National Interface Training Fellowship in Cleft Lip and Palate at Newcastle and Leeds University Hospitals
• Consultant Paediatric Surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London and St Andrew's Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery, Essex
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• General Medical Council's Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery
• Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh (RCS Ed)
• Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland (CSGBI)
• International Society for Study of Vascular Anomalies (ISSVA)
• General Medical Council (GMC)
• Vascular Anomalies (Molecular Basis of Venous Malformations)
• Cleft Lip and Palate
News & Publications
Van der Zeeuw, F., Murabit, A., Volcano, J., Patel, B., Hay, N., Sommerlad, B., Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L. 2015. A reliable method to measure lip height using photogrammetry in unilateral cleft lip patients. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 26(6) pp. 1865-70.
Swan, M.C., Thorburn, G., Sommerlad, B.C., Sury, M.R., Morris, P., Kangesu, L., Van Eeden, S. 2014. Intraoperative high-dose epinephrine infiltration in cleft palate repair. J Craniofac Surg. 25(5) p. 1934.
Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L. 2012. More Complex Skin surgery. In ed. A.D Irvine, P.H.Hoeger and A. C. Yan 2012. Harper’s Paediatric Dermatology 3rd Ed. London: Wiley-Blackwell.
Refer your child to Mr Paul N Morris
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.