Mr Paul Morris is a highly qualified Consultant Plastic Surgeon. He works at both the Great Ormand Street Hospital (London) and St Andrew's Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery (Broomfield).
Mr Morris attended Leicester University Medical School, where he achieved his qualification in Medicine. He then carried out his plastic surgery training in hospitals in Leicester and Norwich. After which he completed his training at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge. He went on to complete a maxillofacial and plastic surgery Fellowship at Wellington, New Zealand. He then decided to pursue his career into cleft lip and palate surgery, in which he completed a Fellowship at Newcastle and Leeds University Hospitals. He is also known to be on a specialist register for Plastic Surgery on the General Medical Council.
With his experience and skills, Mr Morris provides his expertise and training for cleft surgeons within the UK and overseas. With his specialist interest in cleft lip and palate surgery, he carries out research and publishes articles. Furthermore, he is apart of the committee for the cleft lip and palate charity (CLEFT 'Bridging the Gap') at Great Ormand Street Hospital.
- Skin and soft tissue lesions, such as moles, cysts, birthmarks and skin marks
- Revision of scars and closure of wounds after injuries
- Polydactyly (extra fingers or toes)
- Cleft lip and palate
- Birthmarks – hemangiomas and vascular anomalies, including laser therapy
- Ear anomalies and correction of prominent ears
- Other plastic surgery-related and congenital conditions, including a short tongue frenulum.
- One of the leading national trainers of future surgeons for cleft lip and palate.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Leicester.
- Surgical training in Leicester and Norwich hospitals
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (Plastic Surgery)
- Doctor of Medicine in Plastic Surgery and Research at the University of Leicester Hospitals
- Trained in Plastic surgery and cleft surgery at Addenbrooks Hospital, Cambridge
- Specialized Fellowship in Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery in Wellington, New Zealand
- National internship on Cleft lip and palate at the University Hospitals of Newcastle and Leeds.
- Consultant Paediatric surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital and at St Mary's Burns and Plastic Surgery Centre. Andrew, Essex
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Register of Plastic Surgery Specialists of the General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCS Ed)
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland (CSGBI)
- International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies (ISSVA)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Vascular anomalies (molecular basis of venous malformations)
- Cleft lip and palate
News & Publications
Van der Zeeuw, F., Murabit, A., Volcano, J., Patel, B., Hay, N., Sommerlad, B., Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L. 2015. A reliable method to measure lip height using photogrammetry in unilateral cleft lip patients. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 26(6) pp. 1865-70.
Swan, M.C., Thorburn, G., Sommerlad, B.C., Sury, M.R., Morris, P., Kangesu, L., Van Eeden, S. 2014. Intraoperative high-dose epinephrine infiltration in cleft palate repair. J Craniofac Surg. 25(5) p. 1934.
Morris, P., Thorburn, G., Kangesu, L. 2012. More Complex Skin surgery. In ed. A.D Irvine, P.H.Hoeger and A. C. Yan 2012. Harper’s Paediatric Dermatology 3rd Ed. London: Wiley-Blackwell.
Refer your child to Mr Paul N Morris
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.