Dr Simon James Eccles is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He joined GOSH in march 2020, following a 14 year consultant post at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. He is doubly qualified as a doctor and a dentist, and qualified as a dentist in 1985 and doctor in 1992.
He has a paediatric and adult private practice based in central London. He looks after children and adults with craniofacial anomalies, and performs aesthetic facial surgery. He works within the craniofacial team at Great Ormond Street Hospital. He is the head of Professional Standards at BAPRAS (British association of plastic, reconstructive surgeons), and is committed to teaching and training. He has completed 11 trips to Vietnam as part of the charity Facing the World.
He believes in delivering world class care to all patients, and aims to offer holistic medical care.
- Facial reconstruction both soft and hard tissue and with the use of microsurgical techniques
- Treatment of Neurofibromatosis type 1, Vascular anomalies and dentoalveolar tumours
- Aesthetic surgery including pinnaplasty
- Diagnosis and management of complex skin lesions
- Diagnosis and treatment of craniofacial anomalies
- Neurofibromatosis type 1
- Vascular anomalies
- Congenital craniofacial anomalies
BDS University of London 1985
MBBS University of London 1992
FRCS Eng 1996
Neurofibromatosis type 1
Refer your child to Dr Simon James Eccles
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.